Click here to apply!
Lectrolyst is seeking a Research Scientist or Research Engineer with a background in electrochemical systems. The primary responsibility of this position is to work together with our growing team to design, build, and test our new, scaled-up carbon dioxide/monoxide electroreduction stack components. Strong candidates will have a deep understanding of electrochemical synthesis systems design, electrochemical systems operations, and a desire to make a sustainable impact in the industry by evaluating promising applications on both economic and life cycle merits.
Lectrolyst is a growing startup—based in Wilmington, DE—that is building a new class of carbon utilization technology, using renewable electricity to transform waste carbon into value-added chemical products. We seek to expand our team with talented individuals as excited as we are about creating a sustainable future for chemical manufacturing.
Job type: Full-time, in-person at our Wilmington, DE facility.
● Design new electrochemical stack units and integration schemes for modular deployment.
● Lead prototype assembly and operations teams through iterative stack evaluation and optimization.
● Evaluate electrode fabrication procedures and optimize gas diffusion electrode assembly design.
● Create and manage standard operating procedures for prototype evaluation.
● Analyze data and coordinate with the overall team to redesign systems as needed.
● Design and conceptually evaluate gas and liquid recycle components for improving overall conversion and product concentration.
● Conduct techno-economic (TEA) and life cycle assessments (LCA) of stand-alone and integrated systems.
● Work closely with the technical development teams to assess new device-level and systems-level targets, evaluate critical data, and contribute to the decision-making process for future objectives.
● MS/MA or PhD in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Materials Science, Mechanical Engineering, or a related field.
● Experience with design and testing of electrochemical systems.
● Experience with process/techno-economic modeling.
● Willingness to learn new skills in a dynamic environment.
● Authorization to work in the United States without sponsorship.
● MS/MA with 3+ years’ experience, or PhD with any experience level. A formal background in electrochemical systems is strongly preferred.
● Experience with the design and testing of alkaline flow-type electrolyzer stack units.
● Experience assessing new technologies based on economic value and/or sustainability.
● Experience using AutoCAD or similar software for preparing engineering designs.
Compensation and Benefits
Salary range: $90,000 to $115,000. Negotiated salary is dependent on level of experience.
Benefits: Paid vacation and sick time, insurance (health, dental, and vision), 401(k). Additional benefits may be added as the company continues to grow.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should click here to apply. Please be sure to highlight relevant qualifications and contact us if you have any questions prior to applying.
Lectrolyst is committed to building a diverse team and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital or family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other legally protected class. All applicants must reside in the United States and must be able to demonstrate their legal right to work in the United States.